Media & Logo
Media Inquiries & Press Releases
RMRG authorizes several individuals as Public Information Officers (PIO) to speak on our behalf to the media. Send media inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave us a voice mail at (720) 310-0767. Media inquiries only please.
Prior to requesting RMRG's assistance with any media project please recognize a few points:
- RMRG is an all volunteer non-profit organization;
- We are one of the busiest mountain rescue teams in the United States and rescuing the lost or injured comes first, training our members comes second;
- We receive a lot of media requests and try our best to respond to each as best we can;
- Because of the nature of what we do, all media requests must go through our PIOs (we are very concerned for the privacy of our victims and our volunteers);
- We are not interested in volunteering our time simply for someone else to make money, we must have some kind of safety education message or other purpose consistent with our primary mission;
- We are typically not interested in re-creating rescues for dramatic purposes;
- We do not typically invite camera crews on real missions;
- We never promote any of our team members as "heros" or spotlight only one or two team members;
- We do not promote or test products; and finally
- Based on the above, we try to accommodate deadlines but for evergreen pieces we might not move as quickly. If you believe that your project is focused on outdoor recreation safety and conforms to the above points, we are happy to attempt to work out mutually acceptable arrangements.